We know that you care about your personal data and how it is used, and we want you to trust that Net Distribution Services Private Limited (hereafter “NDSPL/ We”) NDSPL uses your personal data carefully. This Privacy Notice will help you understand what personal data we collect, why we collect it and what we do with it.
As you read our Notice, please keep in mind that it applies to NDSPL. This Notice does not govern NDSPL’s collection of information through any website, or by any other means, other than through this Website, or the collection of information by any parent, or subsidiaries of NDSPL ("Other Entities").
Visitors are encouraged to read this notice before using the Website. By using the Website, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Notice and the Terms and Conditions, available at www.paulaschoice.in. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of this Notice and the Terms and Conditions, you are advised to not use the Website.
What Personal Data Is Being Collected?
Personal data means any information that can be used to identify directly or indirectly a specific individual.
You are not required to provide NDSPL the personal data that we request, but if you choose not to do so, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services, or with a high quality of service or respond to any queries you may have.
We may collect personal data from a variety of sources. This includes:
- Personal data you give us directly,
- Personal data we collect automatically, and
- Personal data we collect from other sources.
Personal data means any information that can be used to identify directly or indirectly a specific individual. This definition includes personal data collected offline through our Consumer Engagement Centres, direct marketing campaigns, sweepstakes and competitions and online through our websites, applications and branded pages on third-party platforms and applications accessed or used through third-party platforms.
You may be asked to provide your personal data when you are in contact with us. NDSPL may also combine it with other information and give it to the brand owner (Paula’s Choice ) improve products, services, content, and advertising.
Ways in which we collect your personal data.
We may collect personal data from a variety of sources. This includes:
- Personal data you give us directly. We collect data about how you use our services and products, such as the types of content you view or engage with, or the frequency and duration of your activities. We also collect personal data you provide us when you sign up for a marketing newsletter, complete a survey or register for an account to buy our products. In so doing, we may ask for personal data, such as your name, gender, date of birth, address, email address, telephone number. We do not collect any credit / debit card or banking information. When you transact using your credit or debit card or bank transfer, you are interacting directly with the Payment Gateway provider
- Personal data we may collect from other sources. We may collect personal data from other sources including our trusted partnerships with third parties and where we or the brand owner operates accounts on third-party platforms: For example, when you use the “like” functionality on Facebook or the +1 functionality on Google+. Additionally, we receive information about you and other visitors’ interactions with our advertising to measure whether our advertising is relevant and successful. We also collect information about you and your activities from a third-party when we jointly offer services or products, or from third-party data enrichment providers who may deliver insights to NDSPL about the personal data we hold.
When and why, we collect “special categories of personal data”?
NDSPL sometimes collects data related to your health such as allergies, pregnancy or skin type to send you tailored ads and relevant promotions. NDSPL only collects and uses this personal data where you have provided us with your consent for us to do so. In some instances, you may have requested services or products that do not directly involve the collection of any special categories of data, but may imply or suggest your religion, health or other special categories of data.
- Similarly, NDSPL collects personal data related to consumers’ allergies to provide consumers with ads and promotions for products which are relevant to their needs.
How do we protect children’s privacy?
www.paulaschoice.in website is designed and intended for use by adults.
If you are a child under the age of 18 years please request an adult to make the intended purchase transaction on this website
What Purpose Do We Use Your Data For?
We collect, process and disclose your personal data only for specific and limited purposes. For example, to process your orders, to assess and handle any complaints, to develop and improve our products, services, communication methods and the functionality of our websites, to provide personalised products, communications and targeted advertising as well as product recommendations to you.
We may also create profiles by analysing the information about your online surfing, searching and buying behaviour and your interactions with our brand communications by building segments (creating groups that have certain common characteristics) and by placing your personal data in one or more segments.
We collect, process and disclose your personal data for the following purposes:
- To process your orders including order fulfilment and delivery, , to provide you with your order status, deal with your enquiries and requests, and assess and handle any complaints;
- To process and answer your inquiries or to contact you to answer your questions and/or requests;
- To develop and improve our products, services, communication methods and the functionality of our websites;
- For the purposes of competitions or promotions that you have entered where applicable;
- To communicate information to you and to manage your registration and/or subscription to our newsletter or other communications;
- To manage our everyday business needs regarding your participation in our contests, sweepstakes, if any, or promotional activities or request;
- To understand and assess the interests, wants, and changing needs of consumers, to improve our website, our current products and services, and/or developing new products and services; and
- To engage with you on an ongoing basis for managing the relationship and to keep you updated on products and services that may be of interest to you
- To manage a loyalty program if any
When we collect and use your personal data for purposes mentioned above or for other purposes, we will inform you before or at the time of collection.
Where appropriate, we will ask for your consent to process the personal data. Where you have given consent for processing activities, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
We process your personal data to perform a contract to which you are or will be a party. For example, we need to process your personal data to deliver a product or a service you bought, to allow you to take part in one of our competitions, or to send you samples that you have requested.
We also process your personal data when we have a legal obligation to perform such processing.
Who Will It Be Shared With?
NDSPL share your personal data within the NDSPL Group and with selected third-parties in the following circumstances:
- Third-party service providers. In order to carry out your requests, respond to your inquiries, fulfil your orders, honour coupons, provide you with samples, enable you to participate in sweepstakes or make various other features, services and materials available to you through our websites we share your personal data with third-party service providers that perform functions on our behalf, such as companies that: host or operate NDSPL’s websites, analyse data, provide customer service, postal or delivery services, and sponsors or other third-parties that participate in or administer our promotions. They have access to personal data needed to perform their functions but may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process this personal data in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by applicable data protection laws and regulations.
- Other third-parties. Your personal data will also be used by us or shared with the brand owner Paula’s Choice, sponsors, advertisers, advertising networks, advertising servers, social media networks, and analytics companies or other third-parties in connection with marketing, promotional, data enrichment and other offers, as well as product information.
- Legal disclosure. We may transfer and disclose your personal data to third-parties:
- To comply with a legal obligation;
- When we believe in good faith that an applicable law requires it;
- At the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation;
- To detect and protect against fraud, or any technical or security vulnerabilities;
- To respond to an emergency; or otherwise
- To protect the rights, property, safety, or security of third-parties, visitors to NDSPL’s websites, NDSPL or the public.
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Data For?
We will keep your personal data for as long as we need it for the purpose it is being processed for. For example, where you make a purchase online with us we will keep the data related to your purchase, so we can perform the specific contract you have entered and after that, we will keep the personal data for a period which enables us to handle or respond to any complaints, queries or concerns relating to the purchase.
Your data may also be retained so that we can continue to improve your experience with us and to ensure that you receive any loyalty rewards which are due to you.
We retain the identifiable data we collect directly for targeting purposes for as little time as possible, after which we employ measures to permanently delete it.
We will actively review the personal data we hold and delete it securely, or in some cases anonymise it, when there is no longer a legal, business or consumer need for it to be retained.
How Do You Contact NDSPL?
The Legal and Compliance Officer
Net Distribution Services Pvt Ltd
A 302 Dipti Classic, 32/34 Suren Road, Andheri East
Mumbai 400093, India
Or email email@example.com
If you have any questions or concerns about NDSPL’s Privacy Notice or data processing or if you would like to make a complaint about a possible breach of local privacy laws, please do so by sending an email or submitting a request through the “Contact Us” form on our websites
How Do We Keep This Notice Up to Date?
We will update this Privacy Notice when necessary to reflect customer feedback and changes in our products and services. NDSPL reserves the right to change this Privacy Notice, and any of its policies or procedures concerning the treatment of information collected through the Website, without prior notice.
Any changes to the Notice will become effective upon posting of the revised Notice on the Website. Use of the Website following such changes constitutes your acceptance of the revised Notice, then in effect. This Notice represents the sole, authorized statement of NDSPL’s practices with respect to the collection of Personal Information and Aggregate Information through the Website and the manner of use of such information by NDSPL. Any summaries of this Notice generated by third party software or otherwise (for example, in connection with the Platform for Privacy Preferences or "P3P") shall have no legal effect, shall not be binding on NDSPL, shall not be relied upon in substitute for this Notice, and neither supersede nor modify this Notice.
Additional Privacy Terms or Notices
In addition to this Privacy Notice, there may be specific campaigns or promotions which will be governed by additional privacy terms or notices. We encourage you to read these additional terms or notices before participating in any such campaigns or promotions as you will be required to comply with them if you participate. Any additional privacy terms or notices will be made prominently available to you.
Consent Amendments; Law.
By using this Website, you consent to the terms of this Notice and to the use and management of Personal Information and Aggregate Information by NDSPL for the purposes and in the manner herein provided. Should this Notice change, NDSPL intend to take every reasonable step to ensure that these changes are brought to your attention by posting the updated Notice on the Website.
Your visit and any dispute over privacy are subject to this Notice. The said Notice shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of India. Further, it is irrevocably and unconditionally agreed that the courts of Mumbai, India shall have exclusive jurisdiction to entertain any proceedings in relation to any disputes arising out of the same.